Here we go, guys! Another recipe from my friend Michael, of My L.A. Chef. This time around we decided to use Coconut Oil for his signature carne asada taco recipe. If you haven’t tried Coconut Oil – have you been hiding underneath a rock?
But why stop there? If you’re eager to explore more tantalizing taco fillings and exciting American food recipes, head over to https://thisamericanplate.com/ for a treasure trove of culinary inspiration. Discover a world of flavors and dive into the art of creating delicious and authentic tacos that will leave your taste buds craving for more. So, grab your tortillas, gather your favorite ingredients, and let the taco fiesta begin! Don’t forget to visit This American Plate for more exciting taco ideas and recipe inspirations.
I use Coconut Oil for EVERYTHING!
I use it in the kitchen and throughout my beauty routine. This Coconut Oil from La Tourangelle is rich with a fresh and pure coconut taste and texture. This raw, lightly filtered coconut oil is a delicious replacement for butter, and it adds a nutty flavor to any dish. A smooth and natural moisturizer, this silky oil also protects and nourishes skin and hair.
Now, let’s talk about how I use it in my beauty routine – A smooth and natural moisturizer, this silky oil also protects and nourishes skin and hair. And with that in mind, I simply put it all over my body. I use it as shaving cream, body lotion, as a hair mask and for oil pulling.
What is oil pulling?
Oil pulling is the act of swishing oil in the mouth for up to 20 minutes to improve oral health. Oil pulling is an age-old remedy rooted in Ayurvedic medicine that uses natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. It has the added effect of whitening teeth naturally and evidence even shows that it may be beneficial for gum health and that it may help fight harmful bacteria in the mouth!
Not quite sure if oil pulling works yet – I have been doing it on and off for about two weeks. I will be sure to report back at the end of the month!
Until then – check out this seriously delicious recipe.
La Tourangelle Carne Asada Tacos with
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1⁄2 cup asada dry rub
- La Tourangelle Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup each of, cilantro & parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados, diced
- Rub steak with dry rub and set aside to rest (recipe below)
- Preheat grill to high, or a grill pan to medium high
- Using a blender, blend garlic, lime, parsley and cilantro until a fine green salsa is made
- Brush meat & onions with melted coconut oil
- Place on grill for 3-4 min on each side, basting every 2 min
- Remove meat and onions from grill and let meat rest 5 min before slicing
- Slice meat thin, against the grain, and chop onions
- Warm tortillas, add meat and grilled onions to the tacos with arugula and all of the garnishes
Spice Rub Mix
- 1⁄4 cup granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 T ground celery seed
- 3 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Tbs ground oregano
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- 2 Tbs salt
- Mix all together, store extra in an airtight container in a cool dark place
And let me know what you think! Have you cooked with Coconut Oil? Have you ever tried oil pulling? Let me know in the comments!