ButcherBox FREE GROUND BEEF FOR LIFE
Look, guys! I made something!
I am 100%, not a Top Chef, so when I was asked to create a brunch recipe with the ButcherBox bacon I was a little scared. Using a little inspiration from my lifestyle and sourdough bread from San Francisco I threw together this recipe.
Now cooking never comes naturally to me – I didn’t inherit that gene so making a blog-worthy recipe was terrifying for me. What was even more terrifying was the day I perfected my recipe and had everything prepped and ready on the table for my photographer… I went downstairs to let the photographer in AND came inside only to find my dog Benji on the table eating the BACON!
I must have screamed for twenty minutes, locked the naughty dog in the bathroom and did my best to save what was left of the bacon bites!
Ingredients for the Blogger Bacon Bites
- ButcherBox (1 pack) – 12 slices of bacon
- 6 medium organic eggs
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- ½ cup sauteed crimini mushrooms
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to
- Thyme, Oregano or Parsley
Instructions for the Blogger Bacon Bites
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 6-count muffin pan really well to ensure that the bread and egg white do not stick
- Partially cook the bacon in a frying pan. It should NOT be cooked to crisp, the bacon should be pliable. This will just render some fat out of it. Drain on paper towels and cool slightly.
- Using a stemless wine glass, cut circles roughly the size of the base of the muffin cup from the sourdough bread.
- Drain all but 1 TBSP of the bacon fat out of the frying pan. Sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- Place a bread circle at the bottom of each muffin cup. Fit 2 slices of bacon loosely around the sides in each cup, overlapping as necessary, lining the sides of the muffin cup, forming a bacon “cup”.
- Place about 1 TBSP of the mushrooms on top of the bread circle.
- Finally, break an egg into each of the bacon-lined cups on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the top of each egg with salt, pepper, and a pinch of any of the thyme, oregano, and parsley (or a combo of all of them).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until bacon is perfectly crispy–don’t overcook or the bacon will burn!
Love this recipe? Check out more recipes here + here.
These would be perfect for an easy fix for Sunday morning breakfast! Can’t wait to try this.
You did so well!! It looks absolutely delicious and I am super impressed! I want to make it too now!!
Xo Dana Ivy // http://www.iadorewhatilove.com
This looks so delicious babe!! I’ll have to try this sometime!
cute & little
These look delicious!
Yummm those look so good! I don’t pride myself on being good in the kitchen but I want to give these a try!
Yum! This bites look delicious, perfect for brunch time!
These look SO yummy! I need to make them.
Lauren | mylifeaslaurr.com
This looks so delicious! Need to try this recipe
These look so yummy! They’re making me hungry!!
These look yummy! I am going to try this for breakfast on Christmas with my family.
-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com
Love this idea for a yummy Christmas breakfast– and they’re super cute!
Well these sure do sound delicious. I love simple recipes like this because like you, cooking does not come naturally to me. I’ll have to try these out sometime (and hope my cat doesn’t get to them first like your dog did)!
How yummy babe! I wanna make these soon!
Easy recipe to try! Looks delicious!
These look delicious, and would be perfect for brunch with the family! I will definitely be trying them!
OMG Those look delicious! I need to try them!
These look delicious! I am going to make them for our next cook out.
OMG this looks absolutely divine!
I love easy recipes!
These look so good! I need to try them!
I am definitely making this, it looks so good! Great job!
xo Rachel – To Hell in a Handbag
These look so yummy! I love anything with bacon
BACON BITES?! REALLY?! We are trying to LOSE weight after the holidays! Haha! Kidding, these look phenomenal and perrrfect for a breakfast or brunch! YUM!
I’m just like you, not a cook, but these look so good and delicious! Good job!
Those look incredible, totally trying..i know hubby will appreciate lol
well this looks amazing, keep up the good work, although you do not post more often now.
194565 142573I located your blog on yahoo and can bookmark it currently. carry on the nice work. 618623